Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Swiflet Business: A shop in Kota Bharu Malaysia does it well

When I visited Kota Bharu recently, I came across a shop which manufactured swiflet saliva for health drink. They processed bird's saliva into many flavoured drink: longan, lycees, honey and rock sugar. This drink is sought after by many people. The price is not that cheap due to scarcity of the ingredient.

When I entered the shop the owner, Mr.Siong Hwa  greeted  me, briefed me on the products, showed me the mock-up bird nest and showed me how his workers cleaned the saliva and dried them. I was so impressed to know that the processed saliva or bird's nest can be sold as far as RM13,000 per kilogram.

The products.

The mock bird nest and house.

The drink slow cooker.

Cleaning the saliva by the workers using the water.

The drying area.

 
The dried processed bird's saliva.
If you happen to be in Kota Bharu, you can visit Tean Siong Trading, Sabrina Court (Tel 609-7416999), Jalan Padang Garong. It is next to the Pizza Hut  restaurant (It is located on first floor).

No comments:

Post a Comment