Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Portobello Road, London



Portobello Road is located near Notting Hill Gate, West London.It is one of the many flea markets in this city.  It sells souvenirs like t-shirts, food, fish and meat, antiques, which occupy the road while others goods are sold in the shops. The prices are reasonable. For some products, you can bargain. I bargained when I bought a CD of Top of Pops of the 70's and 80's.


The road is frequented by many people especially on Saturday. I like the atmosphere here. The buildings are colourful. The road was jammed with people. But be careful, there many pickpockets to prey on their victims.


These are old posters being sold at Portobello Road. It attracts many people. I, too was interested in this as it tells many stories and histories.


The vegetables and potatoes look tempting and real.Just look at potato price. It is reasonable. Cauliflower and tomato are super food.

Even the breads look delicious. 


.
The souvenirs are my liking. The porcelain mugs later landed at my home as decors.








No comments:

Post a Comment